ICUSTA has a very modern, simple and effective organization. There is only one type of membership, and all member institutions bear the same rights.
ICUSTA, present in all five continents in the world, meets biennially, generally in different countries.
The only officers of ICUSTA correspond to a President (Chief Executive Officer of the University where the biennial meeting is held), a Past President and an Executive Director; each of them stands for election and serves for a two-year term.
The Executive Committee is composed by: the President and the Past President of ICUSTA; the President of the institution that hosts the office of the Executive Director; and two other members of ICUSTA elected by voting members.
In addition, a Council of Honor, composed by a select group of people with relevance in the history of ICUSTA, and a Steering Committee that assists the Executive Committee have been established.
At present, charges are carried out by the following persons:
- President: Dr. Juan Carlos Mena, President of the Universidad FASTA, Argentina.
- Past President: Dr. Richard Ludwick, President of the University of St. Thomas, Houston, USA.
- Executive Director: M.A. Roberto Lafontaine, Universidad Santo Tomás, Chile.
The members of the Executive Committee are also:
- Mrs. María Olivia Recart, Rector of the Universidad Santo Tomás, Chile.
- Dr. Herminio Dagohoy, O.P., President of the Pontifical University of Santo Tomas, Philippines.
- Dr. Alessandro Mini, Vice President of the Universitat Abat Oliba CEU, Spain.
The members of the Honor Council are:
- Card. Alexandre Dos Santos, O.F.M., Patron of the Universidade São Tomás de Moçambique.
- Archbp. Michael Miller, C.S.B., former President of the University of St. Thomas, Houston, USA.
- Msgr. Jean-Louis Bruguès, O.P., Archivist and Librarian of the Holy Roman Church.
- Mrs. Carla Haardt, widow of Gerardo Rocha Vera, Founder of ICUSTA.
- Fr. José García Patiño, O.P., National Chaplain of the Universidad Santo Tomás, Chile.
- Fr. Aníbal Fosbery, O.P., Chancellor of the Universidad FASTA, Argentina.
- Dr. Joseph MacFadden, first Executive Director of ICUSTA.
- Fr. Rolando de la Rosa, O.P., former Rector of the Pontifical University of Santo Tomas, Filipinas.
- Ms. Lydia Jiménez, President of the Board of the Universidad Católica de Ávila, Spain.
- Dr. José Tomás Raga, former Rector of the CEU San Pablo, Spain.
- Prof. Francois Boulêtreau , former General Director of the Institut Catholique d’Études Supérieures, France.
- Dr. Eudaldo Forment, former General Director of the Società Internazionale Tommaso d’Aquino (SITA).
The members of the Steering Committee are:
- M.A. Roberto Lafontaine, Executive Director of ICUSTA.
- Dr. Alejandro Campos, Vice President for Accademic Affairs of the Universidad FASTA, Argentina.
- Dr. Hans Stockton, Director of the Center for International Studies of the University of St. Thomas, Houston, USA.
- Dr. Lilian Sison, Director of the Office of International Relations and Programs of the Pontifical University of Santo Tomas, Philippines.
- Dr. Joan D. A. Juanola, Faculty member, Departament of Psychology, Universitat Abat Oliba CEU.